Example of a Subtraction Solid in the Terrain
In this example input consists of the following steps:
· Draw a 2D contour for the cross-section of the construction pit and save it as a profile.
· Switch to the ‘Environment’ layer.
· Input a sweep solid as a closed polygon with the profile of the construction pit.
· Convert the sweep solid to a subtraction solid.
· Set the subtraction solid as invisible in the visibilities dialog.
The dialog for the sweep solid showing the profile of the construction pit:
The view after the sweep solid was converted to a subtraction solid:
Setting the subtraction solid to invisible: