For 3D views, the software provides 3D guidelines of various types, which can be selected with the button.
The various types of 3D guidelines are from top to bottom:
· Guideline parallel to the x-axis
· Guideline parallel to the y-axis
· Guideline parallel to the z-axis
· Any straight length
· Any straight line
· Edge guideline
· Guideline parallel in a plane
· Guideline parallel in a plane at a distance
· Any guideline (2 points) in a plane
· Perpendicular guideline in a plane
· Vertical guideline in a plane
· Horizontal guideline in a plane
When creating 3D guidelines, the current position is shown by a 3D cursor, which snaps to surfaces/faces, edges and corners. To help in creating guidelines relative to axes and all straight guidelines, the line itself is shown. The edge guideline and guidelines in a plane are explained further in the following sections.
3D Guidelines in Planes